The iPhone 8 is perhaps Apple’s most anticipated phone since the original iPhone in 2007. Consequently leaks about this extensive redesign have been unparalleled, but now they have reached a new high…
Before Tim Cook addresses techies at Monday’s Apple Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), a source privy to top-secret Apple information has apparently spilled the beans on Reddit.
The veracity of the unidentified source’s claims cannot yet be substantiated, but Apple devotees claim they overlap with previous rumors. The source in question claims to be an employee of Foxconn, the Taiwanese electronics manufacturer with a long-running history with Apple.
The source blabs about a number of new developments: augmented reality glasses, new Macbooks and updated on Siri, to name a few. But all bombshells pale in comparison to the 15 revelations made about the long-anticipated iPhone 8.
Here are the 15 rumored features from the upcoming iPhone 8:
- The new iPhone is called the “iPhone X” (but it’s still unclear if this is a code name).
- It will look like the middle phone in the main photo above.
- There is a new dual rear camera with vertical alignment.
- The front bezel will be thinner on the Y-axis.
- Test units have Touch ID under the glass “but performance and yield rates were not good.”
- No version is planned with a rear fingerprint scanner.
- AuthenTech’s long standing Touch ID capacitive touch module has been replaced.
- There will be Facial Detection and a Retina Scanner.
- And plural: “front facing camera modules.”
- RAM remains at 3GB like the iPhone 7 Plus.
- The aluminum unibody is replaced by “composite glass.”
- There’s wireless charging via a rear panel.
- It will again be “water resistant” (no word if the rating has increased).
- There is no USB-C, Apple is sticking with Lightning.
- Production is indeed delayed.
Perhaps Tim Cook will confirm these rumors in his address… or maybe he won’t say anything at all. But the leak certainly hints that the iPhone 8 is meant to be another game changer from Apple.